Brides, if you have never seen your man cry or get emotional, you can’t expect him to be overly emotional on your wedding day. Some guys shed tears and some guys just embrace their brides and never cry…and that’s OKAY! Enjoy this amazing day and try not to put any expectations on him. That being said, here are some tips to prepare for your wedding day and make your first look go smoothly.
First Look Planning Tips:
- Brides: make sure your hair & makeup is done 2.5-3 hours before your ceremony. Your first look will generally happen about 1.5-2 hours before the ceremony to give you enough time for the first look, bride & groom portraits, and wedding party photos. At the very least, make sure your hair and makeup is done 2.5 hours before the ceremony so you have time to step into your dress and complete and finishing touches before you meet your beau.
- If you have a veil, attach it for the first look! Don’t forget your bouquet either!
- Do you want family members there or your wedding party? Do you want to be alone with just your photographer? Make this decision ahead of time and communicate it to your photographer and to anyone in your getting ready space to avoid confusion or any possible hurt feelings.
- Are you saying any vows or reading any letters to each other during the first look? Have them ready before the wedding day and don’t forget them!
- Don’t forget tissues! Sometimes first looks can be incredibly emotional, especially if vows are exchanged.
- Brides: make sure you have a touch up kit from your makeup artist before you leave for the first look. Sometimes hair and makeup artists are not able to stay until the ceremony time and you’ll be responsible for touching up your makeup if you shed a few tears!
- Grooms: make sure your boutonniere is on!
- Trust your photographer to choose the location and organize the logistics so you can focus on each other and enjoying your day! We know you crave an intimate and quiet moment together and will find the best secluded spot with good lighting!