Planning your honeymoon can be one of the most fun parts of the wedding planning process. Your honeymoon is a celebration of your marriage for just you and your spouse. Your honeymoon is a time for you to relax, reflect on the wedding, and it is a time to talk about your future together. Your honeymoon can be a staycation, a beach vacation, a mountain vacation, or a European vacation. The sky is the limit when you are planning!
Here are a few of my favorite honeymoon planning tips that I used when planning my honeymoon
- Pick the best time for you and your spouse; it does not have to be right after.
- Decide whether you want to do many activities on your honeymoon or relax by the pool or ocean.
- Agree on a budget. Your budget should include flights, car, hotel, activities, and food and beverage. Here is a great budget tracker.
- Decide and book your activities (if any) ahead of time. The last thing you want to do is wait until you arrive at your destination and everything is booked.
- Make sure to think about packing for multiple weather scenarios; sometimes, weather can be unpredictable, even in the most tropical places. Get your shopping done ahead of the wedding.
- Look into trip insurance. Trip insurance can help you if you have to change your trip dates or cancel altogether. Right now is the best time to think about this, especially with the uncertainty of Covid-19.